Thursday, March 18, 2010

Counter Intuitive...

I'm often fascinated with things that are or seem to be counter intuitive. I soak/marinate poultry in very salty water for about an hour a pound. When I first heard of this I could not imagine it being anything but really salty meat. It is not at all. It just makes what is normally dry meat very moist after cooking.

Medicine can be the same as can food. Things that taste bad have to be bad for us right? And things that taste good are good for us. Often this is true but sometimes it is the opposite.

Life can be like this, too. Exercise, change, new jobs, and yes, even sex. I know many people that fight change and I'm often amazed. They know it is going to happen but they still fight it. We all do that, too, with things in our lives. Sometimes in a big way and sometimes in a small way.

I need to get more exercise. I hate to "work out" and I'm struggling to find a way to exercise that gets my heart rate up and is something I like doing. With the weather getting better I'm hoping to do hiking, geocaching and some metal detecting. Now, if I do all three at once do I get credit for 3 or just one? It seems intuitive that I'd get credit for 3, right?

Yeah, I thought so and that brings me back to where I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment