Monday, March 8, 2010

Taxes

I'm working on our taxes. Never, ever is it a sit down and just do them and get them done kind of chore. Nope, I start out with the basics from Diann and then as I enter them I learn of other things I need...more items for deduction and research on what something means, etc. Every year is either very different for the tax laws or for us.

I don't mind paying taxes. It is the tax returns I hate. I'm not a fan of the flat tax idea. I think the variable tax we pay encourages people to buy a house, invest, save and other things. A flat tax takes some of that away just to "make it easy" on us. Also, the fallacy that the rich don't pay taxes also bugs me. Sure they do. Do they get deductions the rest of us may not, sure, but those encourage them to invest in businesses that employee the people that complain about their tax breaks. I guess a little knowledge is dangerous.

I think I get a great deal for my taxes. I live in the greatest country in the world. I can travel without restrictions and don't need to show "papers" to do so. My taxes are not too high for what I get. No, I don't like $400 toilet seats the government buys. I think we need to root out those instances and those people/policies and get rid of them. But, that is part of my responsibility as a citizen. I'm to call my government on such waste and either they change or I get someone in there that will! We vote with our ballots and our dollars. It works.

Now, if I could just get through these returns!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Al,
    Just sent you an email but it's come back undeliverable. Could you drop me an email to confirm your address.
    Thanks,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. liothyronine is a man-made type of thyroid hormone. Low thyroid hormone levels can happen normally or when the thyroid gland is harmed by drugs or eliminated by surgery. Having enough thyroid hormone assists you with remaining solid.

    ReplyDelete