Saturday, August 23, 2008

Going Rambo!

Having daughters has always been great. I love them dearly and they have added so much to my life. What a great blessing from God both of them are. They've taught me much and continue to do so. Like today.

I've kidded with my daughters that I've always wanted them to work at Ace Hardware so I can get a discount. No luck there. Both worked for vets, which is good since we have 4 dogs but not nearly as much fun for me. Yeah, I know it not "all about me" but work with me here...

They've both gone fishing with me and can even bait a hook with a worm. Don't get me wrong, not what they like to do but both have mastered it and they like to fish. My son took to it just like his Dad, as you'd expect. Worms were never an issue for him. He's promised to get a job at Ace Hardware, too. Ahhh, you gotta love your sons!!!

I grew up hunting and fishing all the time. Loved it and still do. While I've gotten the kids into fishing I've not gotten them to do hunting or really fire a gun. Yeah, they've shot a .22 rifle but not really much. That changed today.

My oldest daughter is planning to move out in the coming months. Good for her. She wants to be on her own and has a good job so we are encouraging that. She is a little scared and wants to learn to handle a hand gun for protection. She's been after me to take her to a shooting range. I've let her think about it for a few weeks and today we went. Not sure what I expected but she loved it! She took to it and picked it up quick. We did the safety instruction they required and she was very attentive and listened to everything. They were very busy and while we waiting she listened to all the instructions others were getting. I was very impressed. She was nervous but confident. When out turn came we asked for a .22 caliber semi-automatic. They rent the guns and we bought the shells. They showed us how to load it and off we went. In the shooting range it was very loud even with ear protection. Several guys were shooting .45's and one was shooting a .50 caliber. You could feel the percussion from the shots. I think this surprised her but it did not daunt her desire. She loaded the clip, put it in and started firing! She loved it.

She asked me to shoot some and I proceeded to get it jammed. While I was unjamming it (with help) another shooter got talking to us and offered to let her shoot his .45. She was scared but jumped at the chance. She loved it!

We got the gun unjammed and finished off the box of 100 shells. She had a blast and can't wait to go back. It was fun for me to watch her. Next time we are going to shoot a .32 caliber revolver so she can see how she likes it. We'll work our way through several before settling on one for her to purchase.

After hearing the tales my other daughter wants to go with us and shoot a gun, too. Ah, the joys of a family going Rambo!

3 comments:

  1. I want to go next time! Its my turn to be all gun crazy. muwhahaha. I've learned how to handle a sword, not its time I learned how to handle a gun. ^_^ <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you don't wnat to take a sword to a gun fight! We'll have to Rambo you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vidalista 10mg Tablet is a medication that is used to treat erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. it works by increasing blood flow to the penis to help a man get and keep an erection.

    ReplyDelete