Monday, June 15, 2009

I am back! Long story so bear with me...

I stopped blogging for a number of reasons. None of them valid to anyone but me and now I'm not sure they were valid even for me. Let me bring me (and you) up to speed.

I started blogging for me but then I realized I was blogging for others as well and mostly for my family. But they just were not into reading the blogs (they liked them but are not PC people like I am) and I guess this impacted me and "hurt my feelings". Go figure! How awful of me to feel that way. Blogging is for me, first, and others next, I guess. I need the therapy of putting words to paper or clicks to the screen. It is not a personal thing towards me if the family does not want to read my blog. They hear me every day already. I guess I had an inflated view of my "words" or something.

As a note, Becky has been a great inspiration! Becky is someone I've developed a netship (a virtual friendship) with because I have followed some potters blogs (see the list) and she heard about my blog and has encouraged me. We linked up recently on facebook and she encouraged me to start blogging again. Thanks Becky. Maybe we'll meet one day and have coffee (in a Ron mug!) and a live conversation! Let me encourage you to support a potter. Using items that were made by people you can know and name add something special. Life is that way, too.

Next, I was laid off in a massive layoff the company I worked for had. What a tough experience! You question everything. More on that specific issue in a later post. I've been doing some soul searching over the last 6 months and I think I'm arriving in a new place. Not that we have a choice about these things because life is a journey and we don't always get to choose the exits and routes on which we find ourselves.

I'm going to post about jobs, life and other things to sort them out. Anyone reading this should bear with me. I'll take them through what I've been through and still going through. The good and the bad and the nether world stuff that I'm still figuring out. It has been amazing over the last 6 months. I wish I had shared it along the way but I think I needed to figure some stuff out. Not that I've got it all figured out but I'm getting there!

So, for now this is the start. It was hard doing this but now that I've started I'm glad. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment