Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A letter to my son...

Happy Birthday! 16 is a special time. It is another of life's transition times where you are not quite an adult but people expect you to act like one. The problem is you still think and are treated as if you were not an adult. It is not easy and no one ever really figures it out until they are older. But wait, then you are an adult and it is too late. So, don't sweat it and do enjoy it. The years are passing by so roll with them and just be you. A kid when you need to be and can. An adult when you want to be and need to be. There is Xbox for all the times in between.

I've watched you grow strong and smart. You think better, faster and in directions even I struggle to match. I am so proud of you. You are kind to those less fortunate and weaker. You look out for ways to help people. Those that would be bullies you don't tolerate and don't let them influence you. What great traits to have. I love you for all of these.

I've watched you grow from a small boy fascinated with big trucks and equipment to a man that works hard on the yard without complaining and makes money by recycling metal that others would throw away. You are generous with all you have and seem to have time to help everyone when asked. You'll try anything and master most everything. You care about everyone.

You struggle with classes that don't interest you and gobble up the ones that do. You stay ahead of your teachers in math but don't like wasting time showing the work. You know how to do it so why bother? I am constantly on you about these things. It is my job. But know that while I can't let you get away with them, I suffered the same way when I was your age. I see the value NOW in not doing things that way and want you to do better and not learn my lessons the hard way but I know that learning is what we do best. I'm proud of you and I love you.

I watch you help your sister with her gardening projects. I watch you take care of your Mom and help her in all things. I see you watch after her to make sure she is taking care of herself. I see you offer your candy to your sister and love her dog when she is away. I so love the hugs you give me each day just because you love me. I love you.

You'll have many triumphs in your life. You look to the future, you live life for now and you cherish the past. You put family first and do for others before you do for yourself. You are a wonderful son, a wonderful person and a wonderful friend. I am proud of you.

If I could have anything in the world and could change anything ever, I'd not change one thing about you. I love you the way you are and I am proud of who you are. I am proud to be your father.

I love you!

Dad

1 comment:

  1. buy doxycycline online is an anti-toxin. It's utilized to treat contaminations like chest diseases, skin contaminations, rosacea, dental contaminations, and physically transmitted contaminations, just as a great deal of other uncommon contaminations.

    ReplyDelete