Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple Pleasures...

I had a great evening! I went shopping (grocery) with my daughter Laura. She needed to pick up some salad items and I needed to take advantage of the double coupons up to $1.98 at Harris Teeter or as we call them "the teetah".

I took all my coupons of $1 or more and hit the road. We did not need a lot of things but at DOUBLE up to $1.98 I could not miss this. Between the store specials and the doubles I saved over $62! I spent $95 for $160 of groceries! Laura and I had fun going up and down the store looking, comparing and having fun. At least I did. One of my favorites was Lowry's marinade that we LOVE for chicken. It was bogo on sale and I had a $1.50 coupon! I got 2 bottles for $.28. Yes, 28 cents!

Then, while shopping we saw Sue Stock! She is the coupon queen! She works for the News and Observer (local newspaper) and has a blog and teaches classes all on how to save money and use coupons. She checked out when we did and saved $84! OMG! I was able to chat with her for a few moments. She is very nice and a pleasure to meet.

OK, that is my celebrity moment and big savings. I did a two-fer today!

Laura laughed at me all the way home! She got so tickled to see me stoked about something like this.

The simple pleasures...

No comments:

Post a Comment