Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Banjo's are playing...

Kids are so funny. My daughter speaks in images and does it all the time, naturally. I love it. She spent the day with me the yesterday. I'm working with a friend in his fencing business and it is very interesting. She tagged along to see what I was doing and to hang with her Dad. she measured while I drew the diagram and made notes.

We were in Johnston county and driving to the appt. along a country road when she turns to me with a concerned look and said..."Dad, I'm not going to have to measure a whole farm am I?" I said no and explained it was a fence for a large yard. She was OK with that. After the appt. we headed to the next and the directions took us down a dirt road that was not in good repair at all. Being from the eastern part of the state I know well that dirt roads are common in rural areas and often connect two paved roads as short cuts. She has lived her whole life in Raleigh so dirt roads are new. As I turned on it and started down the dirt road she looks at me and says "If I hear banjo's..." Well, I cracked up! Her reference to Deliverance was so right on! Next she sees a couch just dumped along the road. She is amazed and goes "there is a couch! Look, there is a bed! OMG!" Coming from the south a dirt road in the country is just a free landfill where stuff gets dumped. You'd be surprised if it wasn't there. Obviously, we don't see couches on the streets of Raleigh. But maybe we should.

We had a great day. She is such fun. I think she came home and put ear plugs in just in case the banjo's started to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment