Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cooking...

Brittany is cooking dinner tonight. I love it when she cooks. She never does things like anyone else and you never know what she is going to fix. Tonight: Chicken Spaghetti. I can not wait! I've never had it and I know I'll love it.

She is like Laura and AJ. When they cook they cook for what they like. Oh, they care about what others might think but they know they have to cook what they like or no one will like it. They are all imaginative in their own ways. Laura tends to cook new things and do them a little different. A different cheese, a different spice, etc. Brittany tends to cook traditional dishes but her way. Like tonight, chicken spaghetti. We usually eat it with hamburger or Italian sausage. Not Brittany! Nope, she has to do chicken. AJ, he picks a dish and then refines it slowly, changing little things as he cooks it each time. He likes to get them right before moving on. He came up with the idea to put Texas Pete in the recipe for bean dip and wow was it good!

I like this about my kids. I like that they experiment to bend the world to them. I think we should all do this. Don't accept things just because they've always been that way. See what we like, keep that, throw away the parts that no longer fit and add new ones that fit/work better.

I just hope my wife doesn't take that principle to spouses, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment