Thursday, July 30, 2009

Words of wisdon...

I was talking about how my daughter talks with images. Instead of saying something seems scary or "too country" like a dirt road she says "I hear banjos playing". I think of "words of wisdom" much the same way.

Things like "living a country song moment" are important. What is this? I blogged about this ages ago but essentially it is doing something you could write a country song about. Mine is "I danced with a pregnant woman in the Waffle House and she wasn't my wife". Now this was not anything like it seemed and my wife was there when it happened and we were with friends who were pregnant. The act of the dancing is not important. What is important is recognizing and naming those events in like. They cement the memory. Memories are the fabric of our lives.

Memories are who and what we are. They are what we've done but also set the pattern for what we will do. I think it is important to build memories for yourself and your family. It is what they will hold onto and build with.

When I read things I do so in much the same way. I try to look at things a little differently. Today, Barry Saunders, columnist for the News and Observer here in Raleigh was talking about Random Acts of Kindness and paying it forward. Remember the movie with the little boy? Well he has some wisdom today that is important in life: "I don't think leaving an extra large tip for Bubblicious at Brothers III strip club at Christmas qualifies as paying it forward".

You gotta love this! This puts an image to the article. I found it very funny. That is wisdom to live by. I think me and my buddies leaving her extra large tips might be "paying it forward". When I asked my wife about this she just looked at me. I said, "yeah, if it is not kindness for Barry it probably is not for us." Amazing how her look had so many Words of Wisdom!

1 comment:

  1. buy teneligliptin online is a medication used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is utilized along with a sound eating regimen and ordinary exercise to control glucose levels. This assists with forestalling genuine complications of diabetes like kidney damage and visual deficiency.

    ReplyDelete