Saturday, July 4, 2009

Convalescing Week...

Been a week of convalescing for the family. Laura has a very nasty ear infection and is on 3 meds for it. She is 24 but I am going to have to put my foot down and get her to an ENT to see if she needs tubes or something. A Dad's gotta do what a Dad's gotta do.

AJ had his toe operated on, sort of this week. He has a severe ingrown toe nail that got infected so he was antibiotics for the week and yesterday the doctor in Banner Elk cut it open to get cleaned out. He was so bothered by it he was looking forward to having it cut. In typical AJ fashion he just put in headphones and watched a movie on his ipod while the doctor did his thing. He is ruling the house now. He has the laptop, phone, TV, etc. set up in the bedroom. His Nana gave him a bell to ring so he doesn't have to get up for anything. Coming home is going to be rough on him! :)

Brittany continues to get over bug bites from the beach trip. Her poor legs are covered and look awful. She is coping and working hard to avoid scratching them. Not sure I could do that. She is using anti-itch cream a lot but it only does just so much. I think she's had her fill of camping. ;)

Diann seems to be the only one not sick, at least as far as I know.

Me? I had a stomach thing for a day. But I am over that and rocking. The girls and I plan to cook out tonight and then go watch some fireworks. I am thinking thick cut loin chops but I might just inject the loin and put a rub on the outside and cook it over indirect heat. I'd like to try that and it is easier than the chops. Normally when we see the loins on sale we buy them and cut them up into chops and freeze the chops or leave a portion whole for a roast. Somehow this whole loin got put in the freezer so I'm going to cook the whole thing. AJ comes home tomorrow so it is not going to go to waste.

I hope where ever you are and whatever you are doing you take some time to realize how lucky we all are. America is truly the greatest place in the world. Our form of government is not perfect but it is better than any other form in the world.

Diann and AJ, if you read this, come home safe and have a good 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. votrient 400 mg Tablets are a prescription medication used to treat individuals with cutting-edge renal cell malignancy. Tablet is a prescription medication used to treat individuals with cutting-edge delicate tissue sarcoma who have gotten chemotherapy before.

    ReplyDelete