Sunday, July 5, 2009

Great 4th...

We had a great 4th! Brittany had me up early with a list to finish before Sunday. We want the house clean when Diann and AJ get back today (5th) so Brittany made the lists for the two of us. We did our work, got showers and headed out. Dao joined us and we picked up Laura and hit Ace Hardware (I needed a small chain for the lifter in the toilet) and we then hit "the teetah" for some dinner items.

Once we got home I hit the kitchen running. First, I fixed my "grill potatoes" that we all love. I sliced up a bunch of potatoes in the food processor (so fast, easy and perfect slices), sliced onion, mixed them together with butter, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Wrapped it in foil and Dao put them on the grill.

Next were the loin chops. I was going to cook the whole loin but it was getting late so I cut it up into thick chops and then rubbed them with a combination of Emeril's Essence, brown sugar, onion powder and garlic powder. Dao and Brittany put those on the grill on indirect heat.

Then, I took corn on the cob from the freezer (my mother-in-laws) and put butter on it and wrapped them in foil. They went on the grill next to the potatoes.

35 minutes later...VOILA! Dinner! It was too good to imagine. We feasted large! For desert, Laura fixed a cake decorated with fruit like the flag. It was a great dinner. We sat, ate, talked, laughed and had a blast.

We then watched Grudge 3 (not a fan but the kids wanted to watch it). And to top it all off, we decided about 10pm we needed munchies and had waffles and bacon!

I then hit the rack with Maddie. She started shaking from the fireworks so I had to hold her and give her a pill. She gets so scared of noises. But, she is my pup and I would not trade her for anything.

The girls and Dao all told me how much they enjoyed the day and evening. They thought it was one of the best 4th's ever. It really is never about where you are, it is about who you are with. Janis Joplin did have it right in her song...

No comments:

Post a Comment