Monday, February 22, 2010

Life...

I don't have all the answers to or about life. In fact, I'm not sure I even have a majority of the questions. I'm amazed that there are people who are intent on "finding the meaning of it all". I'm satisfied to find the meaning of just parts...and I think I have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm inquisitive by nature, don't like unsolved mysteries and love to learn. But I've never understood why you'd focus on what you don't have when you've got some much you do have to figure out! Seriously, I'm neither a half-full nor half-empty person. Sometimes it is one, sometimes it is the other...I'm more of a I've got a glass person. (I don't know exactly what that means but I'm working on it!)

What I've figured out is that life, or at least part of it, is my family. Watching them, just listening to them, talking with them and being with them is amazing! They constantly fill me with joy and I'm glad and thankful every day that I have them.

I had breakfast with my sister this morning. She was looking good, much better than I saw her last. She looked tired when I saw her last. I like being with her. She is fun, likes to talk and has a sense of humor to which I can relate...we shared a lot growing up and that makes it easy to talk.

I don't know where you stand with God or religion but if you don't think there is one, I'd like to hear your thoughts on why that is. As for me and my family, we know there is. I hear him in the quiet of the morning, I see him in the dark of the night as I look up in the sky. I see him in my children and wife every day. I don't know if I always see God when I'm in a church. I suspect there is another entity there sometimes looking to cause a little mischief. Oh, yeah, I think there is evil in the world. I've seen that, too. I've seen it in the hatred in the face of people, I've heard it in the words spoken to others.

I'm not perfect. I'm the least of God's children but he still loves me and Jesus still lifts me up to his father and claims me.

I'm not sure God gives us the meaning of life. I think he wants us to figure that one out on our own. I don't know about you but figuring things out makes them mean more to me and makes them more real. It also provides me tools for when I need them later. Kind of like feed a man a fish or teaching him to fish.

I'm not sure I'll even know the meaning of life, but I'm getting closer to the meaning of my life. And that is pretty good, especially when I see my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment