Thursday, November 13, 2008

Friendship Pie...

Dinner with Mike and Mona (and Sara) is always a great event but tonight (not sure when this will get posted so it was on the 12th) was awesome! They always make me feel like I am so loved and dear to them. They took us to a new place called Bella Ristorante Italiana something. If you are familiar with Raleigh it is on Durant Road tucked out of the way. We could not hardly find it. Now, Mona is not known for always picking a great place and I am dubious of trying something new she recommends. But I figured Mike had previewed it so I decided what the heck. Give it a try.

Wow! What a great place. We had pizza pie. Seriously, PIE! Crust on top and bottom and fillings to die for. This things was at least 18" across and at least an inch thick or more with toppings. The crust was very thin and perfect. I had 1.5 slices and was stuffed! It is huge! We split a bottle of wine for the table and just had a great meal. There is nothing like eating with friends. I laughed, I bellowed and I even talked to the staff! We had so much fun. Everyone was so engaged because we dearly care for each other.

This made me realize how lucky I am. Good friends are a treasure and should not be taken for granted. I was out with friends and family having a good time. That is what life is all about. We'll go back there and every time we do I'll remember this night.

Oh, and they gave me a bottle of wine for my birthday! Can't wait to try it, too. I'm sure I'll think of pie we shared with friends when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment