Friday, November 7, 2008

Glassy water...

Today is a gorgeous day in DC. I'm staying along the Potomac River and the water was as smooth as glass this morning. Not cold, about 60 degrees and sunny. What a wonderful sight. Now, if we had some cherry blossoms it would feel like spring.

I love DC. What a great place to visit. There area gazillion museums, all kind of government buildings, the Mint, the Constitution, the Monuments and they are all FREE to see and visit! I don't mind my tax dollars going toward this. This is a celebration of who we are and what we want as a nation. We have a strong sense of self and a solid foundation in where we are going. Washington helps celebrate that and helps us to not forget it.

I love visiting here. I just wish I had some time this trip to visit a museum or two. I've done that with my daughters more than once and my son. We've always had a great time here. Lots of good memories.

Time to bring them back and make some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment