Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ultimate Vacation...

Obviously, any vacation time away with my family is a perfect vacation. Yet, one of those weird things that "pop" into our minds from time to time is a vacation where I visit the best barbeque places in the state! I'd like to take a trip and visit each one. Hitting 2 per day, one for lunch and one for dinner! What a great way to see the state from New Bern to Murphy! I know, you'd need to push Lipitor IV daily and chug-a-lug the blood pressure meds but wow, what a trip.

I'm partial to Eastern NC bbq. I like the whole hog better. My favorites are Moore's in New Bern, Bullock's in Durham, King's in Kinston and Allen & Son in Chapel Hill. Never go through there without a stop for 'que sammich (yes, with 2 m's).

Now, don't get me wrong, that western or "Lexington" style is palatable, too. I've lived in High Point and had some of that 'que on a regular basis. I've been to Short Sugars and I've dined in Lexington. I can choke a plate of that right on down!

I love cooking my own, too. I have a pig cooker and love to 'fire that puppy up' for an occasion or two whenever I can.

I've been trying to decide what to fix for Christmas dinner this year. I was planning on rack of lamb, mushroom risotto, pumpkin soup with mushrooms and sauteed green beans, but I just might have to strike a match to the pig cooker and serve some 'que. I'm thinking a pig with slaw, fries and 'puppies would be a fitting repast for Christmas.

I think some time away would help me decides. Maybe a short trip...

1 comment:

  1. ivermectin 6 mg is an antiparasitic medicine. It is utilized to treat parasitic infections of your intestinal lot, skin, and eyes. Peruse the directions that accompany the medication to ensure you take it accurately. For the most part, it is taken on a vacant stomach.

    ReplyDelete