Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Milestones and some hilarity...


I voted with my youngest daughter today. It was her first time and it was great. I took my son along since he'll be voting next time, too. It brought back a lot of memories. I used to go vote with my Dad all the time. He was real big on voting and he shared that with me. I take it serious and have encouraged my brood to vote, too. My wife went along with us, too. My oldest will go after work. 4 for 4 in our family!


Today was also a chance for more memories...my daughter seems to be about to buy her own home! What a great experience! She had made an offer on another place but it fell through. She found another place that she actually likes much better and is awesome. The buyer has accepted the offer but still needs to sign the documents, which are on the way! I remember when my wife and I bought our first house. What an experience. It seems so very long ago (wait, it was a long time ago!) and before any kids. I hope it all works out for her. She's worked pretty hard on this and has dotted all the i's and crossed the t's.

A friend sent me an email with this on it. It reminded me so much of my Dad that memories just flooded over me. I laughed and cried at the same time. This is pretty much what my Dad would have done! I miss him but appreciate all he shared with me. Enjoy this as much as I did!


Dad at the Mall

I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 92). We decided to grab a bite at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, and blue.

My dad kept staring at him. The teenager would look and find him staring every time. When the teenager had had enough, he sarcastically asked, 'What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?'

Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response, knowing he would have a good one, and in classic style he did not bat an eye in his response.
'Got drunk once, and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.'


Now, seriously, does it matter who won the vote today?

1 comment:

  1. linagliptin 5 mg is utilized with a legitimate diet and exercise program and possibly with different drugs to control high glucose. Controlling high glucose forestalls kidney harm, visual impairment, nerve issues, loss of limbs, and sexual function issues.

    ReplyDelete