Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dentist

I like my dentist and I adore my hygienist. My wife and I went to school with our dentist. Great guy and he does awesome work. Not the cheapest but well worth what he delivers. He takes care of the whole family.

I suppose it is not normal to like going to the dentist but I do. I wish I'd taken better care of my teeth when I was younger. Live and learn. I really push this with my kids and they are better than I was. But, I still have most all mine (OK, 2 crowns) so that is good.

I was talking to the hygienist and she was telling me that dentists are finding older people are having a problem with abraded teeth. It seems that toothpaste is pretty rough on teeth and now that people are keeping them later in life they are finding there are new problems. She told me that using mouthwash with the brush and not toothpaste was just fine. Brushing removes the food and plaque and that paste was just for fluoride and freshness. Go figure.

I've done this when I ran out of toothpaste but never knew it might actually be good for you!
Learned something new today. She still gave me two little tubes and a new brush. Wonder when they'll start giving bottles of Listerine instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment