Friday, September 26, 2008

A really good burger!

My son cooked dinner last night. He is 15 and I asked him to fix dinner. He only asked what I had in mind and when I said burgers, he said OK. No whining, no complaining, just OK. He took the hamburger, fixed patties using the new burger press I got the other day. He grilled them. While this was all going on he put fries in the oven (from a bag - not fresh cut but he is just 15) and fixed some corn. He thinks corn is a veggie so you gotta hand it to him.

The burgers were awesome. He put his "special" recipe of seasonings. Not sure what they were but they were great. Really great. Everything was ready to go and we enjoyed it tremendously.

No, if we can just get him to clean up as he cooks.... :)

2 comments:

  1. Another thing I hear my mom saying over and over as we cooked, "clean as you go."

    At one point growing up, my brother and I had to each take a night each week and cook for the family.

    The burgers from your son sounded great! Love that he has a secret recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he enjoys cooking, which is fun. We cook together sometimes but he likes doing it on his own. My goal for the weekend is to try the pineapple cake recipe. Fluffy or slumpy I can not wait!

    ReplyDelete