Thursday, September 18, 2008

Turn your head and cough...

I like doctors, generally. My wife is a nurse so we tend to see good doctors since she knows them. Her requirements are simple: They have to be very good at what they do and they have to be nice people. Not always easy to find in any occupation but she finds them.

My doc is great and his staff is awesome. I posted previously about a visit. Well, I had to go in for a physical. Been a while since last I had one. I hate them! You gotta love the words "turn and cough" and "bend over and put your arms on the bed". Never fun but you get through it. I will say one thing for the staff, they made it as good as it could get. My appt. was for 1:30 but when they called to remind me they encouraged me to come in early to have the blood drawn so I did not have to go without food all day before the 1:30 appt. Very nice of them. The ladies in the lab were great. Gentle, fast and full of character. They liked talking to you and know how to laugh, which makes me more comfortable. If I ever "win the lottery" they are on the list.

When I went in for the physical, the nurse took me back, did the usual blood pressure, pulse rate, etc. Then she proceeded to get things out he'd need. When she took out the glove she waved it back and forth and said "I'm taking out the glllllooooovvvvve!" How funny is that! The worst part of the exam and she is joking with me about it! I got tickled right there and we shared a laugh.

I wasn't laughing a few minutes later when he said "turn your head and cough...".

No comments:

Post a Comment