Monday, September 22, 2008

Joys of things simple...

I work from home. Truly a great evolution in business. IBM started doing this years ago when they realized it would save them money by doing away with office space, utilities, etc. People are happier and usually more productive. With high speed Internet, web conferencing and free long distance, it really is easy to do. Most all the people I work with (including customers) accept this as normal.

I walk to work everyday...from the bed to the desk. $4 a gallon gas is not bad when you are not buying it to commute 40+ miles daily.

Don't get me wrong. I work. I usually put in 9-10 hours over the course of a day. 7:30 to 5 and then another hour or tw0 spread over the 6-11 time period. But, I am home, I can interact with the kids earlier than otherwise since I don't drive. I usually work through lunch at the desk. But I am eating food from home! That is the treat I like. Take today for instance.

I am having Bobby Rominger tomato sandwiches with pimento cheese! Bobby is a quiet fellow that lives in the mountains of NC. He is married to my wife's cousin. He gave my mother-in-law some tomatoes, which she brought down here when she came to visit. (She is still here, that is another posting!) We are having them for lunch today! They are huge and they are awesome. Bobby does not read this blog but if he did I'd want him to know how much we are enjoying the fruits of his garden. THANKS.

When fixing them I used my salt and pepper jars that Ron Philbeck made for me. Check out his blog on the blogs I watch list. He sells his wares via Etsy. Good stuff! Now, all I need are some little mermaids to put on them and take a picture and people would think I was Elaine (check her blog out on the list, too!) I'm using a paper plate so no one will confuse me with Hannah (yeah, check out her blog, too).

Well, I need to clean up the juice from the tomatoes off my computer. Gosh these are good!

1 comment:

  1. admenta 10 mg contains memantine. It is utilized for the treatment of patients with moderate to serious Alzheimer's infection. Alzheimer's infection is a progressive illness that obliterates memory and mental capacities.

    ReplyDelete