Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hurt and disappointed...

Being part of a family is tough. When it is good, it is real good. But when it is bad it really hurts. Today was one of the bad ones. My niece was married today. When she decided to get married she asked my daughter (her cousin) to be in her wedding, a bridesmaid. My daughter said yes and was glad to be part of her cousins happy event.

Then I hear from my sister that she is only having ONE bridesmaid. She was asking her brother's girlfriend to be the one. OK, fine. If you are only having one, you do what you gotta do. My niece never called my daughter and told her, she heard it all from me via my sister. Not the best way to handle things, but OK. My daughter has been a good cousin and friend to my niece. She has introduced her to her friends, been there for her and tried to be supportive. My niece has "hung her out to dry" before but my daughter has forgiven her and tried to be supportive.

Both of my daughters considered not going to the wedding over this but did the right thing and went with us. We've tried to be supportive of my sister and what she is going through in putting on the wedding. The pig pickin' was all part of that (see previous post) and all of us pitched in to help with the cooking.

Today at the wedding there were TWO bridesmaids. It really hurt my daughter's feelings and it made the other one furious! She felt hurt and betrayed and on top of that being lied to was the worst. Her sister was furious that they would treat her this way. It was not that she expected to be or felt she deserved to be a bridesmaid. It is how it was handled and the seemingly callous regard for people's feelings. I've tried to teach my kids you don't do these things. You expect more from family.

They were polite, they held their tongue but did not stay for the reception. I don't blame them. Being part of a family is tough. I'm not sure I want this part of it.

1 comment:

  1. Salicylix SF 6% Ointment is utilized on the skin to treat psoriasis and other dry, flaky skin conditions. This medicine is likewise used to help eliminate dead skin from warts, the palms of the hands, and the soles of the feet.

    ReplyDelete