Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fish with No Gills and Doesn't Permanently Live in Water....


My college daughter and I were chatting via phone last night. Seems she went to a dorm meeting and in reading the Do's and Don't's found that the only pet she could have was "a fish that has gills and permanently lives in water". Her questions was what kind of fish doesn't have gills or live permanently in water?

We had a good laugh over this. She then came up (with some help and encouragement?) to put posters up on the bulletin boards saying: "LOST: My Pet Fish. No Gills and does not live permanently in water. Please call if you find it!" She is not going to put her number or name. I am sure someone will say "how do we call her if we don't have a name or number?" I just don't know where she gets these ideas from!

Had a beer with my friend Mona today. We've been buds for ages, about 20 years. She is great and I adore her. We work at keeping in touch and getting together. Her family is great, too. Her daughter is precious and her husband is one of my favorite people. I always smile when I think of them. It is great to hang with her. We just talk about everything and if we disagree we don't care or let it get between us. She made me try fried pickles. Seems they take dill slices, batter them and fry them. They provide ranch dressing for dipping. Not bad. My question was "how does someone come up with this idea". What would make someone ever think to fry dill slices.

I wonder if my daughter has ever been to this restaurant? She has gone missing for hours at a time in the past and it is close to our house....

I just don't know what the world is coming to. Fish without gills and fried pickles. I feel like a twilight zone movie sometimes. Like all the other posts, this one is "submitted for your approval".

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I got all ninja too. I wore black and went out to do it around 1130 at night with Kaitlyn (didn't want to be alone.) And I put them up all over campus. Kept one for myself of course.
    I hope it gets attention. ^_^
    Nothing like hearing people talk and laugh about something that you've done to achieve that.
    I hope my "No Gills, No water" fish drawing is worth while. I thought it was kind of nifty. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the drawing! Excellent. Great college memory, too! I wish I could have seen you "going ninja" around campus. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete