Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Joe Plumber's Dream...A commentary

I've tried to not let my personal view on politics come through in my blog. It is fine if others do that, but somehow it distorts why I read their blogs. We all have views and opinions. If you really are unsure and want reasons to vote for one candidate or the other then email me. I'll gladly share you mine. I happen to think this is a personal decision that most of us have already made for whatever reasons.

I write my blog to share about my views on raising children, growing older and families. Those are the things that I care about and am or have experienced. Take for example where I mentioned my colonoscopy. Not a polite subject but I was going through it and talking about it can help me and others to know we all go through it. If you are 50 and have NOT had one, you need to, male or female. Women should have a mammography done regularly. I don't much about them but I know they are important.

I care about the American dream that I had and that I still have and that I want for my children. I care about our country, deeply. I don't think one president from ANY party will make that big a difference. Only a few times has it made a significant difference and then not huge. Please, if you want to debate this, call me or email me. I'll be glad to do it just not one sentence at a time.

My Bar stool Economics was not an endorsement of any candidate. I have studied economics and have 2 degrees in business. I love the stuff and found it both entertaining and informative.

My oldest daughter is trying to buy a house in a weird market. Prices are very low and yet money is tight. Foreclosures are everywhere. Very interesting times. I was studying business in the late 70's when interest rates were 20% and people were still borrowing money!

My brother-in-law sent me this link and I found it interesting. I encourage you to read it and think about it. I am not trying to get you to think about politics, far from it. It is about living, raising families and reaching for the American dream.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/19/schramm.entrepreneur/index.html

I hope each of you continue to reach for your dreams, whatever they are. As for me, I'm living mine. I have great kids that bring me joy everyday.

1 comment:

  1. levocetirizine 5 mg has a place with a gathering of drugs called antihistamines. It is utilized to treat different allergic conditions, for example, feed fever, conjunctivitis, some skin responses like eczema, hives, and responses to bites and stings.

    ReplyDelete