Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Memories....

I talk a lot about memories. Memories I have, memories of my kids, memories of my youth. I try to hang onto them because they are the key to our learning. I've tried to learn as I go along. One thing I learned early is that don't just look at the past, embrace the future. You have to do that with memories. If you are so busy enjoying the ones you have you'll not make new ones to have for the future. So, think of like like driving. The rear view mirror is small compared to the windshield. Memories should be like that. We need the ability to look back but what is coming is so very important, too.

I hope to talk about making memories in the coming posts. I think they are important. I hope I get to share with you my rule that we all need to live a country song moment and that we need to "walk between the drops". More on those rules later.

For now, here is my thought. A dinner tomorrow serve desert first, then the meal. It will keep them wondering for a long time. Talk about making a memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment