Wednesday, October 22, 2008

LUNCH is ready...

One of the joys of working from home is a decent lunch. Today is German Bologna with fixing. A good "sammich" ( as a Navy pal of mine calls them) is hard to beat. I especially like mine with lettuce and tomato and a little mayo (Duke's brand). I included a slice of swiss to round it off.

When making a sandwich I think the order of the materials is very important. Bread should be on the outside. If bread is on the inside things get sloppy.

Mayo only 1 side, please. Tomato next to mayo and then lettuce. Meat comes next. Then cheese and finally bread.

The tomato, mayo, salt and pepper combination is crucial. It is like a tomato sandwich with meat and cheese added.

This does not apply to banana sandwiches. They have a totally different criteria.

Here is a pic of today's creation. Notice the great salt and pepper jars Ron Philbeck made for me! Thanks Ron, we love them and use them every day!

OK, you cracked pepper heads. No whining that only fresh cracked/ground pepper is good. I cook a lot and I do both and both have their place. I like pepper and this is not only fast and easy but pepper does not lose is flavor like some spices. Beside, the Barefoot Contessa uses ground pepper! So there!

To my college girl: Hope the cafeteria food is this good! I love you, mean it!

Lunch is over! BTW... It was an awesome sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment