Friday, October 31, 2008

Making memories...

This summer we took the family to Florida. My middle child had never "done Disney" so to keep her from being scarred for life we all trouped down. We met some friends from Ohio and we had a ball. I did learn one thing: I don't need to go to scheme parks with my kids now that they are 23, 19 and 15! Mint juleps on the veranda at the hotel for me, or at the very least a massage!

While at Disney, we were waiting at a place to eat lunch and a street band came by to do a skit that involves visitors to Disney. Well, they asked me to be the king in this skit. Now, I've always had the attitude that if you are going to do something, go all the way. Don't hold back. Enjoy it and make the most of it. Well, I totally got into the part, hammed it up with the real actors and we all had a ball. The actors really enjoyed it and thought it was super! The audience seemed to enjoy it.

I was thinking the whole time that my kids would think I was a dork and might be embarrassed. Far from it. They said it was the hit of the trip and talk about it regularly. They've asked me how I came up with the comments, how I could make it so fun and real. I tell them it is about doing everything you can with what you have and not "mailing it in". I was hoping it would be fun for them and build a memory.

Last night my college girl called and was laughing hysterically! In class that day she was asked to do a skit and got the "lead" part. She remembered me at Disney and decided to really get into the part, have some fun, and go for it. She was already wearing vampire teeth to celebrate Halloween early and it only added to the part. She told me I was her inspiration and just "going for it" was so much fun. She said the class had a ball.

Now she has a memory of her own and she can pass this down to the next generation! I guess we are just unrequited actors!

1 comment:

  1. Supatret 0.1% Aqueous Gel is a type of nutrient A that is utilized to treat acne which appears as spots or pimples all over, chest, or back. It likewise assists with smoothing rough facial skin and decreasing fine wrinkles on the skin.

    ReplyDelete