Thursday, October 16, 2008

Viva St. Rosa...

I am in Vegas this week but it has not been all fun. Not at all. I spent part of last night/this morning at the ER of St. Rosa hospital in Vegas. They are awesome folks there, especially Tootsie the triage nurse in the ER. Her real name is Julie Anne but no one remembers that so they all call her Tootsie. They took good care of me and I'll remember their kindness. St. Rosa was the first hospital in the Vegas area, way back when they did the Hoover Dam. Nuns from Michigan came and started the hospital. It is out of town near Lake Las Vegas.

It seems I have a rotator cuff injury or some other soft tissue injury to the shoulder. I'm not sure when I first hurt it but it was aggravated Sunday and apparently I continued to aggravate it through the week. Last night the pain was so bad I could no longer stand it. The OTC drugs were not helping at all. So I went to the ER. They gave me a sling for the arm, a pain shot and then a script for some pain meds. Walgreen's was across the street and they filled the script at 3:30 AM. I can say I've not hurt that bad for a long time. The meds worked and I finally got some relief. It is no fun to be sick away from home. The people I work with were very supportive and checked on me which is always good!

Other than the pain it has been a great week. I really enjoy being with customers and seeing old friends. I had dinner last night with Adam Fein. I read his blog about pharmaceutical distribution and always enjoy talking with him. He was in Vegas for other business and joined us for dinner.

Meds are kicking in so I'm not going to last much longe...................................................................

4 comments:

  1. Hi Al,

    Enjoyed dinner in Vegas with you, as well.

    Sorry to hear about the injury. Perhaps you should have known better before trying to lift up two showgirls at the same time while also not spilling your drink!

    I assume it's safe to tell this story because no one from your family will see it, right?

    ;-)

    All the best,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes...that was not good luck! but to counter it maybe you have big winnings on the way...

    I see a possible real story above!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better now? I wish it was the weight of your winnings that caused the injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately no showgirls, no winnings. Just one of those things that happens. I even didn't drink or gamble because of the drugs. Not a way to do Vegas!

    But, I am home and seeing my Dr. today.

    ReplyDelete