Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pain in the...shoulder. Better already.

For those that saw my posting about my adventure in Vegas, good news! The orthopedist say I did not tear anything and do not need surgery. Seems I have a calcium deposit (normal) that causes irritation when I lift my arm. I am back already to a full range of motion and hardly any pain. While it could flare up again, he is having me do a couple of PT sessions to work the remaining kinks out teach me some ways to keep it from bothering me. That and nothing strenuous for 3 weeks and Advil and I am good to go!

It was great news. He told me this was normal "for someone my age". When I told my daughter this her response was typical: "Oh Dad! Surgery would have been better to hear than 'for your age"'. Not to me. Wonder what she'll say in 30 years when she hears it?

No comments:

Post a Comment