Thursday, October 9, 2008

The world is upside down...or is that just the cake talking?

Elaine's blogs about her pineapple upside down cakes really got to me. I had to fix one. I posted earlier about my first attempt 28 years ago. But this time I had a feeling it would be OK.

I measured, mixed and by gosh by golly I got it right!


OK, sort of got it right. I cooked it a tad too long but it was still awesome! Gosh I enjoyed it. I love to cook but not much on baking but lately I've been prone to trying it more. I'll make this one again!

Why did I say "sort of got it right"...well here is why:

I could not decide if I had enough for a big pan or two smaller pans. I went with the 2 smaller pans and should have gone with the 9x13. Better yet, I need to get an iron skillet and use that! I am learning! Elaine had a fluffy and a slumpy. I think I have two flatties but the crust is awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Good job on the cake. I may have to try making this cake myself. I think the kids would like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a hit here, at least with me. Let me know how yours comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- love seeing the cake- I keep following the cake I am so happy to see it showing up and making folks happy- it was my grandmother- in - laws recipe which I have had for years. I just made one this week to share and used a glass pan- I too am going back to the skillet which was the original way to make this cake.
    Tom gray has a picture on his blog of the cake cooked in cast iron! It looks great!
    Thanks for making my day-
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!

    ReplyDelete