Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Moving out...

It has been an interesting 4 days...lots going on. My oldest is looking to buy a house. A condo to be specific. She's looked at a bunch and has settled on one that is not too far away. Not sure if it will work out since it needs some work before she will buy it. We will see.

This is pretty tough to think about for me. She is my baby girl and I've watched her grow up. She is ready and I am very confident she will do great but it still is tough. Very tough. I anguish over it a lot.

I remember when I moved out. Not quite as traumatic since I did it right after college, never moving back home. I got married right away, too. Hard to believe that was 28 years ago already.

The condo she wants is very much like our first apartment! Wow! It brought back a lot of memories just walking through it. The new town, the non-existent furniture, the things we did not know. Ouch! So much to learn. But, we figured it all out and I'm sure she will, too. I'm enjoying talking to her and getting to work with her on it. She is doing all the work but we are there to help her, answer questions she has, explain things to her, tell her things to watch out for, etc.

Saturday was band competition day. My son's marching band hosted a competition. It was a long day and while helping out I got my shoulder hurting again. Chewing Vicodin again. I went to PT today. Getting old has its good times and its bad.

I was in NY yesterday. Business travel. Great trip up on a 6:00 AM flight. Nice, smooth and on time. Coming home was another matter. We left on time and technically got home on time but it took 20 minutes longer than it should (no reason given) and it was VERY bumpy. I don't like flying on a good day and I really don't like bumps. Plus my shoulder was hurting so it was not a good flight.

Let's see, daughter making an offer on a house, shoulder hurting really bad and a bumpy flight...I said getting old has its good times and bad...where are the good?

1 comment:

  1. orlistat 120 mg is an antiobesity arrangement that aides in reducing the heaviness of obese patients. Take this medication with every dinner containing fat. A legitimate eating regimen and exercise are necessary to control weight.

    ReplyDelete